Another original recipe from Julia M.
- 1/4 C Di Olivas All Natural Butter Flavored EVOO
- 2 T Di Olivas Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 T Di Olivas Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 C. Chicken Broth
- A few grinds each of salt and pepper
- 1 T. Light Brown Sugar
- 1-1b. chicken breast tenders (approximately 12 pieces)
- 1/2 C. Bread crumbs (This is not a crunchy coating. This soft, but not soggy, coating really works!).
- 1/2 C. Almond Meal (Julia used Bob’s Red Mill found in the baking aisle of your grocery or you could also check Trader Joe’s in the nut aisle)
- 1/8. t. cinnamon
- 2 t. Cocoa (Julia uses Ghirardelli’s Unsweetened Cocoa)
- 1 bulb section of a shallot, finely minced
- Di Olivas All Natural Butter Flavored EVOO, about 4 turns of the skillet
- 3/4 C. chicken broth
- 1/2 C. Black Cherry Preserves (Julia uses Dickenson’s)
- 5 t Di Olivas Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 t light brown sugar
- 1 T corn starch mixed with 1 T. water
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a zip top bag.
- Place chicken tenders in the marinade turning a few times to coat well. Lay flat in the refrigerator for 1 hour. In the meantime prepare the coating and the sauce ingredients.
- Combine the coating ingredients well in a shallow bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Gather and measure the sauce ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- When the chicken completes marinating, remove chicken tenders a piece or two at a time and turn over a couple times in the coating mixture. Place the chicken tenders on the cookie sheet, so they are not touching each other.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes until juices run clear.
- Start the sauce. Over medium heat saute the shallots in the EVOO for a few minutes until they start to look transparent. Add the remaining ingredients increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Boil for a few minutes while continually stirring.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and stir until smooth and thickened.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Divide the sauce into individual dipping bowls to serve along side the chicken for dipping.