Another original recipe from Robert and Shama’s kitchen
- 1 can well drained pineapple tidbits
- ¼-1/3 cup Di Olivas Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (cut thinly in julienne style)
- 2-4 cloves chopped garlic
- 2/3 tbs of freshly chopped basil
(ALL “measurements” are approximate)
- Heat oil in a skillet and then add well drained pineapple. Cook for a few minutes until pineapple starts to become soft. Add garlic and cook for a few more minutes, add tomatoes, cook for a few more minutes, add basil stir for another minute or so and remove from heat. Let cool and place in a glass bowl. After it has cooled, cover and refrigerate.
- Serve over fresh Italian bread, it can be toasted if you wish, but not necessary.
Let me know if you can think of a better name for this. I came up with this about 10 years ago and never actually named it, but since it was inspired by bruschetta and is made with pineapple, I thought Tropischetta might be a decent name.
Good luck and let me know if you liked it.